584 Funston Avenue
This magnificent Edwardian-style home, located on a special tree-lined block with a lush greenbelt, boasts a light-filled floor plan on three levels. The original home has been updated and expanded over the years, while maintaining its exquisite period charm. The ideal floor plan boasts 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, including a legal bedroom, bathroom and family room on the ground level (with a separate entrance), the perfect space for visiting friends and family. Enjoy gorgeous and newly refinished inlaid hardwood floors, high coved ceilings, designer selected lighting, lovely built-in cabinetry and generously sized rooms throughout the home.
A spacious and welcoming entry foyer on the ground level exudes warmth and elegance. From here, you can access the ground level bedroom, bathroom, family room and attached garage or walk up the handsome staircase to the upper levels. The 2nd level enjoys a bright and airy foyer leading to an oversized living room with fireplace, gorgeous built-in leaded glass cabinetry and oversized picture window showcasing the scenic greenbelt. Across the foyer, enjoy hosting dinner parties in the gracious formal dining room with 2nd fireplace, beautiful built-ins and classic box beam ceiling. The dining room flows seamlessly into the open, updated kitchen and sun-filled breakfast room with rich moldings and French doors to the walk-out patio – the ideal place to savor a morning cup of coffee. A half bath completes this level.
The 3rd sky-lit level boasts 3 nicely sized bedrooms and 2 bathrooms! Enjoy the deluxe master suite with sitting area, walk-in closet and French doors leading to the over-sized bathroom with separate soaking tub and glass enclosed shower. The master bedroom closet also has pull down stairs to access to the large attic, a great space for additional storage.
A special feature of this home is the ease of parking. There are two garages – both accessed off a small road at the rear of the block. The first one-car garage with storage space is detached at the back of the lot. The second one-car garage is attached to the rear of the home and boasts built-in storage shelving, laundry and internal access to the home’s ground level rooms. There is also a wide driveway that can accommodate two additional cars. The adjacent neighbors have enclosed their similar rear driveway area with a gate, turning the space into a nice yard/play-space – an option for the future owner of 584 Funston Ave. Because there aren't many front garages on this historic block, it is also easy to street park.
Ideally located within a few blocks of Clement Street, this special home boasts close proximity to fabulous restaurants, cafes and shopping. Stroll to Golden Gate Park, enjoying a lazy Saturday afternoon at the nearby De Young Museum or Academy of Sciences. Enjoy easy access to multiple MUNI lines for an easy downtown commute and hop on Park Presidio for a quick drive across the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin or down South to the Silicon Valley.
- Exquisite Edwardian with rich architectural details and abundant light
- Wonderful curb appeal on a lush, tree-lined block across from greenbelt
- Spacious floor plan with 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms on 3 levels
- Inviting formal living room with fireplace, built-ins and oversized windows
- Elegant formal dining room with fireplace, box beam ceiling and built-ins
- Updated kitchen open to charming breakfast room and walk out patio
- 3 bedrooms and 2 baths (including master bedroom) on the upper level
- 1 bedroom, 1 bath + family room on ground level off elegant entry foyer
- Sleek, newly refinished inlaid hardwood floors
- Designer selected paint and lighting throughout the home
- Lovely plantation shutters, double paned windows and recessed lighting
- 4-car parking including two garages (one detached) and rear driveway parking
- 92 Walk Score – stroll to Golden Gate Park, restaurants, cafes and shopping
- Quick access to public transportation and Highway 1 for easy commute