Mill Valley View Home
This warm and inviting four bedroom, two and half bath contemporary Mill Valley home has an open and spacious interior with magnificent decks looking out upon the serene Southern Marin hills. Situated on a quiet street in the neighborhood of Marin View, 389 County View Drive offers a comfortable, rural-suburban lifestyle with dozens of hiking and biking trails nearby and a five minute drive to charming downtown Mill Valley.
Upon entering the elegant front gate - that features a classy iron leaf-and-vine design, you hear the gentle murmur of a waterfall emanating from the gardens below. This home's inviting gated entry, including a wooden footbridge and professionally landscaped gardens on either side, gives way to a peaceful sense of privacy.
At the main level, you will find an expansive open living-dining room flanked by windows and two sets of glass doors leading out to a finely-crafted deck with valley views. The state-of-the-art kitchen is beautifully appointed with luxury amenities including sleek black granite counter tops, a glass tile back splash, fine custom wooden cabinets, a skylight above, and stainless steel appliances including a Sub-Zero refrigerator, a double Frigidaire oven, and a Wolf gas cook-top. Located adjacent to the kitchen is a casual family room with a deck making a perfect spot for BBQ’s and entertaining. Additionally, you will find a large master suite including a full en suite bath with double sinks and separate stall shower, a large walk-in closet, and a private deck. Also of note, the main level entry hallway has a coat closet, a half bath, and a large hall skylight.
At the lower living level, you will find three additional bedrooms, full bath, laundry room with a sink, wine room, a utility and tool-workspace, future spa room, built-in hallway storage cabinet, a single car garage and a carport for two vehicles. Exterior stairs lead down to an additional unfinished storage area at the third level, and ultimately to the back garden.
We are swooning over it's tastefully designed kitchen and the open, light-filled living-dining with a wood burning fireplace, vaulted ceilings, and an expansive deck with views - offering the ultimate place to unwind and entertain. This home's modern silhouette blends into the Mill Valley hills, and invites you to stay awhile and bask in it's tranquility.
View Virtual Tour on YouTube: http://youtu.be/POrpC_p8cds
Summary of Features:
- Three story residence (2 levels living over unfinished storage level) built in 1971
- Views of Southern Marin valley and hills
- Spacious, bright, and open floor plan
- Four bedrooms, two and a half baths with approx. 2,171 sq. ft. of living space: as per tax records
- Open living-dining room with vaulted ceiling, wood burning fireplace, deck w/ views
- Chef kitchen w/ granite counter tops, custom wood cabinets, stainless steel appliances
- Everyday dining / family room area with deck for entertaining and BBQ
- Hardwood floors, tile baths
- Carport for two cars, and single car garage
- Decks, gated entry bridge, mature front gardens w/ waterfall
- Quiet rural feeling setting
- Borders Golden Gate Recreation Area / Mt. Tam State Park
- Located in charming Mill Valley
- Convenient access to 101, route 1, public transportation (ferry, bus lines), airport shuttle, bike path
- Award-winning Mill Valley schools
- Close proximity to Muir Beach, Muir Woods, Stinson Beach, Green Gulch Zen Center, Frantoio's, Buckeye Roadhouse, Whole Foods Market, Dipsea Cafe, etc...
Family-friendly Mill Valley is all about schools and sports. Nestled at the foot of Mount Tamalpais, homes in the Marin County city range from 500-square-foot hunter's cabins to multimillion-dollar mansions tucked away on winding, narrow lanes under the redwoods.
Coffee is king in Mill Valley. Downtown, three separate coffee shops do a brisk business. At the Depot, as the sunny town center is called, moms with strollers, kids on tricycles, and teenagers kicking hacky sacks relax in the open-air plaza, which now houses an independent bookstore and cafe. The Depot is also a jumping-off spot for hikers and mountain bikers heading up the slopes of Mount Tamalpais. Nightlife in Mill Valley is anchored by Sweetwater Music Hall, which hosts many well-known musical acts.
As the groomed playing fields at the community center attest, sports are big in Mill Valley, with soccer, baseball, and lacrosse leagues all popular.
Sunday, March 29th from 1 - 4 pm
By Appointment (415) 298-9171
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Angelo Cosentino
Call/Text: (415) 298-9171