1542 24th Avenue
Welcome home to 1542 - 24th Avenue, a quintessential Center Patio home that has been lovingly cared for by the same family for over 40 years!
Located on a beautiful block in the vibrant Central Sunset District neighborhood of San Francisco, this classic home was built in 1939 and remains architecturally true, emphasizing space, light, and form as the main living areas encircle the classic center patio to bask in natural sunlight. Additionally, the home is situated east to west - so the rear bedrooms benefit from the morning sunrises while the living and dining rooms bask in afternoon and early evening sunlight!
This single family home abounds with period details throughout, such as elegant parquet wood floors with inlay, sculpted doorways, wood front door and trim, ornate crown molding, breakfast room with built-ins and more!
Property Features include:
- Formal living room with wood-burning fireplace, elegant mantle, wood window trim, and classic light sconces
- Formal dining room that enjoys natural sunlight from center patio
- Breakfast room with convenient built-ins and view of center patio for casual dining and crafts / hobbies
- Formal Entry to greet your guests in style
- Charming kitchen with sink overlooking center patio
- Center patio which is perfect for gardening, barbecuing, or just enjoying a cup of coffee while the little one plays
- Two large bedrooms in the rear that overlook the manicured garden and enjoy beautiful views of Turtle Hill
- Split bath - stall shower and tub are separate from toilet
- Abundant closet space throughout
- Bonus room down which is perfect for an office, gaming room or guest room
- Large, manicured yard to delight in gardening and enjoying the outdoors while reading a book or listening to music
Building features include:
- Huge garage with room for 2 cars
- Lots of storage space - use your imagination!
- Bldg: 1,500 square feet, per tax records
- Lot: 2,996 square feet, per tax records
Neighborhood features include:
- Walkscore rates the property's location a 79 - Very Walkable - and most errands can be accomplished without a car.
- Situated just over two blocks to Irving Street with unique shops and culinary pleasures.
- The N-Judah transit line is less than two blocks away for easy access to the Financial District and Ocean Beach.
- Convenient proximity to 19th Avenue or 36th Avenue, providing easy access to the South and North Bays.
From its classic center patio to the phenomenal Central Sunset location, anyone would be proud to call this house their home!
Please call Ed at 415-215-0078 with questions. Prospective buyers must review the disclosure package and provide a signed coversheet along with their offer.
Sunday, May 27th: 12 - 5 p.m.
Thursday, May 31st: 5:30 - 7 p.m.
Sunday, June 3rd: 12 - 5 p.m.
OFFERS DUE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 6TH - 12 NOON
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Ed & Therese Milestone