227 El Cerrito Avenue
227 EL CERRITO ~ PIEDMONT CHARMER!
- Ideal Central Piedmont Location
- Level-in through courtyard entry
- Single level for easy living
- 2 spacious bedrooms
- Generous Storage
- 2 full baths
- Living room with French doors opens to sweet deck
- Dining room with French doors opens to entry courtyard
- Under carpet hardwood floors throughout
- Office or breakfast nook off of kitchen
- Updated Kitchen with new appliances
- Laundry room with new W/D
- Hiding under carpet are hardwood floors throughout
- Most windows are new and double pane
- New Heater and Water Heater
- Two car garage with workshop and storage
- Lot size 5,704 sq. ft.
- Location, Location, Location
- Close to AC Transit
- Casual Carpool just steps away
- Blocks to highly acclaimed K-12 Piedmont schools
- Central to Exedra Plaza, Piedmont Park and Mulberry's Market
- Just one block to Dracena Park
- Piedmont is an incorporated city with own Fire/Police Department
227 El Cerrito Avenue provides easy living with level-in access and one level living. The home measures 1520 sq. ft. and sits on a 5704 sq. ft. lot!
Piedmont, a two-square-mile city within the borders of Oakland, was incorporated in 1907 and was known then as “The City of Millionaires” because there were more millionaires per square mile residing there than in any other U.S. city. Today, their large, estate-like homes are still standing in the heart of Piedmont, reminding residents of its glitzy past. Homes in Piedmont range from those estate-like homes in central Piedmont with expansive grounds to more modest homes on the edges of town. Well-manicured landscapes prevail and the city’s stringent permitting guidelines ensure all of the homes maintain their original flavor. The commercial area of town is small, featuring several banks and one gas station. Mulberry’s Market, a specialty food store with ready-made meals, caters to gourmet taste buds and is the frequent morning coffee stop for parents and after-school hot spot for kids. Piedmont’s proximity to Oakland’s many big-city amenities ensures Piedmonters will not miss out on the latest restaurants or first-run movies. The sense of community is strong, as witnessed by the large turnout for the annual Fourth of July parade that happens each year down Highland Avenue. The Piedmont Recreation Center offers a central gathering place for residents. Available for rental, it is the frequent setting for community events and parties. The beautiful grounds provide a wonderful place to hang out and play, and the wooded trail connecting the Center to the high school is the best place to take your dog to play. A casual carpool zone on Oakland Avenue, along with proximity to Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) and Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District buses, offer workers convenient commute options. Pride in community involvement and village living are just a few of the reasons people love to live in Piedmont.