6318 Bullard Drive
Prestigious Piedmont-Side-of-Montclair Residence
Welcome to this special treasured property designed c.1935 by noted architect Edwin Lewis Snyder and set on a coveted street in the Piedmont-Side-of-Montclair neighborhood. This exquisite property evokes images of a luxurious hunting lodge with detailed motifs throughout. This home is set on nearly half an acre of stunning and impeccable landscaped grounds featuring mature trees, flowering perennials and delightful walking paths. Upon entering the spacious home from the inviting front brick walkway and richly detailed garden, you notice the impressive custom wood plank front door leading into an inviting foyer. The door design mirrors the luxury lodge theme. The grand entry is flanked on the left by a remarkable living room with 15’ high fully exposed beamed ceiling, a striking floor-to-ceiling fireplace, built-in bookcases, and subtle built-in lighting. An open stairway leads to the upper level. The grand size of this space is accentuated by an open balcony overlooking the living room and decorated with wonderful ironwork railings with whimsical tree designs. The large double-pane Marvin windows provide ample natural light and scenic views in front and back of this exceptional site. The adjacent dining room accommodates a banquet size table and has open shelving for displaying your most precious collectibles. The kitchen is updated with a center island, ample cabinetry for storage, newer appliances and an adjacent eat-in area that opens to the two-level decks overlooking the expansive back yard. The upper level of the home provides a large master bedroom suite with an adjoining room great for an office, sitting room or nursery and a second bedroom and updated hall bath. To the right of the front entry hall is a comfortable family room with ½ bath and entry to the 2 car garage and laundry. The partially exposed ceiling beams add to the appealing warmth of this space. There is a lower level with another bedroom, remodeled bathroom and a private entrance from the exquisite yard. This part of Montclair is an in-demand neighborhood a few blocks from the Montclair shopping district, East Bay Regional Parks land and highways 580 and 13.
At a glance...
- Three-plus large bedrooms with spacious closets and some with two!
- Two full and one half updated baths
- Updated kitchen with island and eat-up counter
- Breakfast room with access to yard and decks
- Spacious Family room with half bath, built in bar and exposed beamed ceiling
- Large entry foyer with closet and furniture wall
- Recessed lighting throughout the home as well as designer period light fixtures
- Integrated speaker system
- Large 2 car garage with 220 electric and easy inside access to kitchen area
- New concrete driveway (January 2020)
- Expansive rear decks on two levels...great entertaining!
- Nearly one-half acre of usable gardens, paths and patios
- Serene and private setting studded with mature trees
- Spacious workshop or ceramics studio
- Tons of storage! A large storage area under the house and a large attic storage area off the upper rear bedroom
Tucked away in the wooded hills and winding streets above Oakland, Montclair is a small community with an appealing central shopping district. Sizable custom homes, along with a mix of Mediterranean, Craftsman, and contemporary-style homes are situated on forested lots, offering an elegant retreat from the city. The Montclair Business District is a throwback to a simpler time before strip malls, megamalls, and big-box stores. Residents can find everything they need, from dry cleaning and groceries to restaurants. Local restaurant favorites include the Montclair Egg Shop, Flipper’s Gourmet Burgers, and Daughter's Thai. Gourmet specialty items are available at Le Bonbon, and Farmstead Wine and Cheese. A farmers market on Sundays provides fresh local produce and baked goods. Montclair is home to fine-arts festivals throughout the year and a jazz festival in the late summer that enlivens the street scene.